Ella currently resides in America and is open to reviewing books from all over the world in both French and English. She is a conversational French speaker (not fluent but always learning!)
- Please be aware that sending her a physical book does not guarantee a review.
- Ella will always provide an honest opinion in all circumstances when reviewing a book.
- Her reviews always include information on why she disliked or liked a book.
- The books she reads are purchased with her own money or borrowed from a library. She uses both physical books and Kindle e-books.
Included in a review:
- A blurb of the novel and an image of the cover, mostly taken from Amazon or Goodreads
- Quotes when needed
- A “book star” rating. This is just like a star-based rating system but with books instead of stars. Here is an example:
- All reviews are posted on her blog, Amazon, Goodreads, Barnes and Nobles website, Pinterest, Google+ and Facebook. Some reviews may be condensed when being published on select websites included Amazon and Barnes and Nobles.
Thank you so much for considering Biographies and Diaries as a place to request a review, we appreciate it very much! We only read from the non-fiction, biographical and historical fiction genres, mainly about history and art although we are open to other subjects. We are enjoy to most types of non-fiction genre including, but not exclusively:
- Opinion peices
- Essays on art or liateure
- Young adult
We primary read non-fiction that pertains to history. We will read about all eras. Some of our favorite eras and subjects to read about include:
- The Tudors (food, art, culture, court life, domestic life…)
- The Kings, Queens, and mistresses of France especially in the 18th century
- The 19th century, primarily France, and Britain
- Woman’s history
- Fine arts and decorative arts
- Dress and textiles history
Notice: we are not scholars or experts in history, just hobbyists interested in books and the past.
- I appreciate physical copies of books but also enjoy e-books for Kindle Paperwhite.
- I will not accept all requests but will always send an email reply if I chose not too as well as if I do.
- I generally try to complete all books I begin reading but if I cannot finish a book I will always email you why.
- I am open to all types of promotion including a variety of interviews and social media photos
- I accept self-published novels on a very limited basis