Good company in a journey makes the way seem shorter. — Izaak Walton
Hello! Thanks so much for tagging along, welcome to Biographies and Diaries, a blog dedicated to bringing you the best in reviews and posts on non-fiction, biographical and historical fiction novels! My name is Ella and I am the blogger behind this little corner of the internet. I am a ferocious gelato eater, avid reader, history obsessed and historical dressmaking teen from the Northeast. To introduce myself and the blog here is a list of a few fun facts about me:
- I am an identical twin. She loves the sciences and I love the humanities
- The best characters in the Canterbury Tales are the Wife of Bath and the Prioress, no disputing here, my opinions are set are stone, the Wife of Bath is such a badass!
- My favorite gelato flavor is hazelnut, hands down
- I enjoy collecting and caring for vintage and antique clothing. My oldest piece is a skirt and blouse combination from the 1890s! Some of my newer pieces are from the 1940s and 1950s which I occasionally where in public setting where they won’t get damaged. Some of my favorite pieces include a 50s mink coat with a backward, tag and a 1940s grey plaid dress with red accents.
- I love non-fiction, no, I really, really, really love non-fiction. I love to read about all era although I generally read about the Tudors (Honestly though, I am feeling kinda Tudor-ed out right now, there are only so many books you can read on Anne Boleyn TBH!) the eighteenth century, especially France (Marie Antoinette is an icon and one of my favorite historical figures) The 19th century, especially domestic history because once you get into history, reading about the differences between ranges suddenly becomes fascinating (LOL!)
- I LOVE dress and art history. Enough said they need no introduction! But if I am going to introduce them, I am especially interested in 18th and 19th century dress history, especially in my own recreations where I try to get as close to accurate as possible, hand stitching and all. Its one of my most beloved and treasured hobbies which I adore, adore, adore, adore!